Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Mars civilians and the system
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mars civilians and the system

Mars civilians and the system 12 years, 3 months ago #41

• Kriss
So we know how the system works for VASC players but Mars' most recent addition (Cecily from Tokuma) is going to be a civilian mechanic.

The thing is how should we approach this and blend it into the system well enough, I've already had Cec fill out a character sheet to get the stats but this could still use tweaking in that certain things on the sheet are useless for this (serial number, division, rank).

At this point though the major thing is that is there a simple way to tweak and fix this system to apply to Mars civilians, thus opening the door to permit more civie players.

So far I've managed to figure out a few simple things;
Serial number changed to Mars ID number or ditched completely
Division changed over to their job profession.
Rank ditched.

The problem being though is what to do with the prestige system. So far I've managed to think up a rough idea to replace it.
Replace the prestige with reputation, civilian characters would use the similar stat rolls to our current prestige rolls but instead they'd be rolling to see how much rep they would get.
Reputation would then be used as a way of status (replacing rank) and could be used for various other functions similar to the reputation system in the pnp game Eclipse Phase (I know stark and dice as well as myself have copies readily available)

Anyways this is just a half assed design idea but we need to look into it in some serious level since if it works this could help us populate mars with more then just VASC and D'naa
The topic has been locked.

Re: Mars civilians and the system 12 years, 3 months ago #61

I think this is a good start, though you need to come up with terms for the players status, since they don't have rank, i.e. something like, new colonist, journeyman, old timer, something like that might help.
The topic has been locked.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds