Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Concerning Mars RP system
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Concerning Mars RP system

Concerning Mars RP system 12 years, 3 months ago #33

• stark
So I have been going over whether or not to give the city a working dumbed down rp system that we use and i am torn on the subject. on one hand it would help give a sense of structure and progression as well as improve character tracking for the sim and on the other its still a very much WIP. Also the ranking system would have to be on a group by group basis and a slimming of the skill lists or more appropriate skill list could also help matters along.

in effect it would be a lot more work on our custom system, the reward is strengthening rp and its infrastructure but im not sure its ready or if i even want to share our hard work. so if you have any feelings or opinions on the subject feel free to voice them here, perhaps we can work something out or just tell them to fuck off.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Concerning Mars RP system 12 years, 3 months ago #38

• Dice
If you were to share the RP system, wouldn't they have to basically start over with it anyway? There are some aspects that are pretty basic and easily applicable to other groups, sure, but for the most part they have to do a lit of work to get it to fit their group's specific RP style.

For instance, we have our ranks and divisions, prestige and credits according to each division, rolls according to skills and aptitudes, and skill-sets specific to VASC RP. Most of these wouldn't make much sense in another group (like the mining division, items, skills) and they would have to come up with their own ranks, divisions, payrolls, skill-sets, etc. Wouldn't they be getting a skeletal remnant of the RP system VASC has at that point?

If they're getting the skeleton of the Mars RP system, why can't they just make their own? XD

Re: Concerning Mars RP system 12 years, 3 months ago #39

• stark
yeah thats a good point in order to make it even function i would have to rebuild it for them and thats a lot of work i got my hands full doing our own stuff all the time. Roahm was trying to put together her own system based on ours so i guess she is already trying.

Re: Concerning Mars RP system 12 years, 3 months ago #40

• Kriss
If Roahm is trying best you can do is point her to one of us who've got our heads buried in the system and have us look it over for her when she needs a bit of help. Otherwise let her work.

Re: Concerning Mars RP system 12 years, 3 months ago #42

I think, that as far as we work it has done so, and that if our system of rp has become something that people can be inspired is a good thing.
Just note that I speak of inspiration, you can not expect to make a copy and paste, would not hold.
That is why it is good to those who may like our line tranqullamente can look at it and observe it, and maybe adapt where possible notro point of view to their style.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds