Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Ghost Hacking
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ghost Hacking

Ghost Hacking 11 years, 6 months ago #206

• stark
The standard cyberbrain of the 2400's is not without its flaws. While the unit itself has ample protection it is still vulnerable to a skilled hacker capable of replacing imprinted memories with fabricated ones. In most cases this is done as a form of crime in an attempt to use people to achieve their own means. A skilled hacker may be not only able to look into players memories but also to manipulate false memories as well.

This obviously shouldn't be a simple task so this section is here to cover the procedures involved.

Singularity systems Brain Case (A/S2/2800c) +2 program slot
Augmentation Brain Case (A/S4/3300c) +4 program slots
Neronet inc Brain Case (A/S6/4500c) +6 program slots
Theta Amp

___Firewall Alpha 10% hacking mod (A/PS2/3000c)
___Firewall Beta 20% hacking mod (A/PS2/5000c)
___Firewall Charlie 30% hacking mod (R2/PS2/7000c)

___Brain Hack I 10% hacking mod (R4/PS2/5000c)
___Brain Hack II 20% hacking mod (R6/PS2/7000c)
___Brain Hack III 30% hacking mod (R8/PS2/9000c)

___Intrusion Countermeasures I +10% critical failure modifier (R1/PS1/2000c)
___Intrusion Countermeasures II +20% critical failure modifier (R1/PS2/4000c)

Having the right equipment is only part of the job the next part is to determine the amount of successes you need. The hacking player rolls his willpower dice as a hacking check while the defending player rolls their willpower dice against their target number as determined by defense software and cyber brain grade. the one with the most successful rolls wins.

a critical failures negates a single successful roll. critical successes cancel critical failures. Once the brain is hacked it can be successfully accessed for memories and imprinting memories can be done on a standard hacking skill check. In order for the imprinting to take the subject must believe in these memories so for the sake of roleplaying, the memories should be in theme with the character and presented in a way that wont be instantly rejected by them.
Last Edit: 11 years, 6 months ago by stark.
The topic has been locked.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds